Monday, November 14, 2011

Short Run Comic Expo

This weekend was the first ever Short Run expo in Seattle, which I had the pleasure of having a table at. It was an amazing crowd...everybody there for alternative comics and not a single dude dressed as Batman in sight. I was sold once I saw the hilarious comic on the back of the flyer by Seattle's own Kelly Froh.


All in all it was a totally amazing experience for me. My first convention, the Jet City Comic Show, ended in total disaster when I sold 3 or 4 comics, couldn't even give away any low budget comics for free, and got laughed at by a guy dressed as Batman. This show was different. There where crowds of enthusiastic alternative comic readers all day till the very last minute.

I went unprepared with only 15-20 copies of each of my four comics, a couple home-made wizard beards and stickers and TOTALLY SOLD OUT of everything I had. I would have thought at the point that all I had left was one lowly comic and a tumbleweed, it would make me a pariah but I sold every god damn one!

Here's a couple sweet trades I picked up at the show

EBBITS #0 BY MICHAEL LITVEN


A COLLECTION OF THE BADASS SUPER MINI'S OF MAX CLOTFELTER




KELLY FROH


A TOTALLY BADASS HANDMADE COMIC BY TAIT HOWARD
"THE SKELETON LAD AND HIS FANTASTIC CHASE"


which is totally great but I'm a total asshole and accidentally bent the front cover.

AND FINALLY MY TABLE MATES FROM EXQUISITE BRAIN
@exquisitebrain.tumblr.com

were a bunch of great guys shopping their very first art mini


To any of you that came to the show thank you so so much for visiting. I had such a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment